Monday, June 9, 2008

Seriously.

So yesterday I had two open houses (Clay's and Richie's, for those who were wondering), and my friend Trent (he looks like Aaron Gillespie from Under0ath) wanted to come along to Richie's, but I had to stop at Clay's beforehand- so he came with me there, we had also agreed to meet Matt and Josh G. at 3 or so at Dairy Queen to all walk together out to Richie's open house.

While Trent and I were sitting at Clay's- Cameron showed up, and said he was headed out to Richie's open house (which is a nice, long, HOT, walk), so we decided to just get a ride. I called up Josh G. and told him that Cameron would just give us all a ride- and he said alright... Five minutes later he called back and just said that they would walk... fine.

A short while later we left for Richie's open house.

After we got there, the "group" was all by a table. Trent, Cameron and I join them and we're all just sitting around making fun of each other- talking, and stuff.

About 20-30 minutes later- Matt gets up and goes "Yeah, I think I'm gonna leave".

That's cool, do what you want- walking in that blistering heat.

So as the night progresses, a bunch of us end up at Clay's house playing video games... which turns into all of us making fun of each other until 5 AM (that's when I left at least).

I get online today, IM Matt- and tell him he missed out on all the fun (including a deathcore band that played Richie's open house, us tying tons of helium balloons to a soda can and making it float off into the distance, and a skate video about a mysterious rabbit), to which this conversation happened:

Matt: You guys were being dicks.
Me: Dude, we were all being dicks to each other, it's how it rolls.
Matt: Nah, you guys were ganging up on me.
Me: No we weren't, we all make fun of each other... you're an easy target, that's not my fault.

It may have sounded rude... but it's true.

We ALL make fun of each other.
NO ONE IS EXEMPT.

Even Trent (the youngest and least familiar with the group) took the making fun of- and then everybody loved him, and was fine with him.

You can't expect to be instantly welcomed without a backlash.

When you try looking like a badass, straightening your hair 3 - 5 times a day for 30 minutes a day- you're gonna get made fun of.

When you talk about getting your septum pierced and guaging your ears- you're gonna get made fun of by someone.

While you try looking like other people, those people are actually having fun while you perfect looking like them.

The day he can take the making fun of- is the day he'll be openly welcomed into the group by me.

- Josh


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha
i love the way you put things J-Bizzle.
shits fucking hilarious
and it was a good time