Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Good Evening Chud Baby.

Well, I guess I'm useless. I didn't post last night. Fell asleep a little early, and just say fuck it for the most of the day. So I figured I'd go ahead and post for today, seeing as nothing will probably happen. I basically sat around and watched Lost most of the day. Real fun, you know.

Listening to the Beck and Flaming Lips KROQ Sessions. It's pretty cool, hearing a different perspective of Beck's music. People give me shit for listening to Beck, they say that he has no talent. Have you heard Mellow Gold?! Fucking amazing album. Another reason I get is "He changes his genre way too much." Big deal? I'd rather have a musician who changes his genre and makes amazing and provocative material than a band that cranks the same shitty music for 20 years. Look at U2, I don't like U2, fuck Bono. Big deal, he thinks he's helping the universe with his music and helping charities, well I see that- but the music is all the fucking same. They've been cranking out the same bass riff since the 70's. Beck can use a slide guitar in one song, and a synth in the next song. All of his material sounds different- maybe on the same album there will be similarities, but for the most part it's all quite different. He also uses so many different methods of music. Take a look at these two clips. Both are live.

Clap Hands - From Guero



Nausea - From The Information



While you may agree that there are some similarities there- the music is so diverse and different in between, that's why I think he stands out as such an amazing musician, although it's not hard to tell he's seriously fucked up in the head... He's also a Scientologist.


Anyways, well I've been sitting around all day with really nothing to do. I have a new experiment up in the air, but I'm not allowed to talk about it. Sorry mates, you know; the whole what 5 people that read my blog? I guess I do get some decent traffic for the blog's content (boring nature), but it would be great to have more I guess.

I finished "A" logo earlier and hopefully after some photo editing and stuff it'll be up. There is distinct mention of polar bears attacking me in it. I made it myself- Fred says anything I draw flabbergasts him, and it never makes sense, but he also says that he likes it. So he's useless.

In other news- I wrote a short. I sent it to Fred, and Christina last week, but still no word on what they thought of it (casually that means they hated it) but whatever. I like it. I don't like the ending though. I'm not saying a single fucking word about it until they tell me what they thought though. So, if you want to know what it's about for some odd reason, heckle them!!! Not my girlfriend so much, but feel free to heckle Fred until the world blows up. It's cool though, I've got another idea in my head, and some stuff that I might write.

Well, I think I'm out for a while, if all goes well I might blog again before the night is over.

- Josh
(No fucking giant here.)


No comments: