Sunday, November 25, 2007

Straight Outta Compton With A Crazy Mothefucker Named Ice Cube

The time is 9:26 PM.

Not much at all today, I swear to god winter really brings me down and keeps me secluded so much. I figured I'd just ramble about some random stuff for a while.

Christina and I were on the phone last night and, I can never make her laugh. I can make almost anyone laugh for some reason- except her. I mean I'm not angry actually I prefer someone who's just like "whatever" to anything I say than someone hanging around waiting for me to crack a funny. But- anyways I did make her laugh. I made a funny about her shitting on my bed and my grandma walking in catching her.... Anyways.

I haven't talked to Clay since the day I made that post about Eliza asking questions (http://theinnovationofsilence.blogspot.com/2007/11/retain.html). I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Eh, oh well.

My nose itches.

I'm not a fan of people who just put something down constantly (rather hypocritical right?). Let me explain. I know someone who doesn't like the band Hellogoodbye, which is fine. I like them and I think they're alright but whatever. Anyways my friend says they are trying to sound retro by using a keyboard... And? So what if they are? Plenty of good things came from the 80's, you know like... Black flag's "Damaged" LP, and David Bowie!!! But- I don't really take what they said to heart because they also said that Paramore is trying to act like a hardcore punk band.

As far as Punk Rock goes... I have mixed feelings on it. I like maybe ten percent of today's punk bands. Because I fucking hate Punk bands like The Casualties, or Cheap Sex. I think it's just shit. To quote the great Keith Morris; "I'm telling you all right now, and it's 2006. Punk Rock is fucking dead." Ain't that the truth. Real Punk is dead as Don Corleone. Not to say that there is no good ones left, I like a few of the new punk reinvention bands; Rancid, NoFX, Bad Religion, and well that's about it. And that's if you even consider Rancid and actual punk band.

Another thing that bothers me- a friend of mine (instead of using names at this point, unless I'm pissed; I will make vague references to people in this manner of saying "A friend of mine") is a hardcore Republican, he wants nothing but Republicans in the office and supports the evil that is George W. Bush. Which I could care less- but this person is so full of shit, and so hypocritical. They have the "Rock Against Bush" albums and listen to 3/4 of the bands on there and like their stuff... Now, unless I'm misinterpreting this... They are totally neglecting the message of the music in order to say "LALALALA no? What? These people DON'T like Bush?" I don't know, hypocrisy like that annoys me. They'll listen to those albums and those bands but, he watches the DVD's and watches the Stand-Up routines on there as well and says the comedians on there are full of shit and don't know what they're talking about, does this make sense to any of you? He'll listen to the band but when faced with the sad truth that the entire album is devoted to getting Bush out of office he'll ignore it? Jesus that's fucked up. I mean it's fine, but don't say the comedians are full of shit when you listen to the music that says we should hang him.

Well my dears, I believe it is time to call it a night a little earlier than usual. Leave some suggestions for things I can bitch about.

- Josh
(Nope, no giant.)

No comments: