Monday, February 11, 2008

I thought everyone loved Monty Python

So, I just finished this essay, and well- I got in trouble for it.
We have a choice of doing a political cartoon, or just writing a description for it, and I chose to do a description.
It's about the time of Enlightenment, and it features a king, a peasant, and a priest all sitting in a room.
Personally, I think I did wonderful, but my teacher believes otherwise.



I can’t really draw without using my pen and paper, so I decided to just do the description.

It’s a quiet room, paintings of various things along the wall, Paintings of fields, animals, homes, villages, and others are along the wall. On the far left there is a large window, but there are large, homemade shutters over them, to keep the sun out.

In the middle of the room is a large table. Sitting on the far left is a peasant. His clothes are dark, dirty, and he looks tiresome. To the far right- a priest, wearing traditional priest robes. In the middle is a king, lavish and wonderfully stylish. This is what we overhear.

Peasant: I don’t want to be a peasant anymore!

King: You don’t really have a choice.

Peasant: Well, why not?

Priest: Blessed are the cheese makers.

King: What was that?

Priest: I said, blessed are the cheese makers.

Peasant: But, I’m not a cheese maker, I take care of the horses, I clean up after them, I think I deserve a bit more than the cheese makers!

Priest: You take care of the animals?

Peasant: Yes

Priest: Then you must take care of the cows, correct?

Peasant: Well, of course.

Priest: Well, do you know where cheese comes from?

Peasant: Dairy.

Priest: And where does dairy come from?

Peasant: A… Cow…

Priest: So, therefore you are a cheese maker!

King: WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT CHEESE MAKERS?!

Peasant: Alright King, I have an idea.

King: But, you’re a peasant, you’re not allowed to have ideas.

Peasant: Well, hear me out!

Priest: What, take away all the cows, so you aren’t a cheese maker?

King: Shut it.

Peasant: All right, so, my idea is- what if we became an autonomous collective?

King: A what?

Peasant: An autonomous collective, we all take turns making up laws and stuff, kind of like freedom. All the other castles are doing it!

Priest: Well, when it’s my turn, I’m making you a cheese maker!

King: We can’t do that, silly peasant, it’s just not like that, I can’t simply give you all rule, I’m the KING. I’m the ONLY king, I make ALL of the rules.

Peasant: But, I don’t want to be a peasant anymore, I think we should all have a chance to make rules and ideas for our village, besides, you can keep the ruddy castle.

Priest: I want a parrot!!!

Peasant: Come on!

King: NO.

Peasant: Fine, when there is a revolt don’t come blaming me!

King: Get out of here, peasant!

Priest: Is this the ministry of silly walk?


Now, personally I thought that was really cool, but let's wait and see what my teacher says, stay tuned for next time.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.