Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You're a dick.

Sometimes something funny happens, something that makes NO sense to anyone, including those involved... but allow me to explain.

About a week ago, I forget how it came up- but Katlyn mentioned to me that I was being meaner lately (something which I don't really think is true). I (of course) asked why she believes this to be, and she said that it's because I've been hanging with George, and Joe more lately.

Of course I argued with her, and said that I wasn't being a dick... I just didn't really care anymore. After a recent event, I realized that it's nonsense to take anything in life too seriously, that you should spend it doing what you want- not tending to a habit.

But, whatever.

So as the week progressed... I had more and more people coming to me and saying things like "You drink too much", which... I've drank... maybe three times in the past two weeks... fucking wow, since apparently me drinking at Monica's once has turned me into a dick.

ANYWAYS.

Friday night I kinda got the best of it.

I was on MySpace and posted a bulletin that contained song lyrics that I re-worded, and made it seem as thought I were saying nasty things about one person.

If I can really remember they were kinda like this:


1. I've never forgotten about you.

2. You fall for every guy and go "OMG HE'S MY SOULMATE", which is REALLY fucking annoying.

3. Your taste in music are fucking horrendous.

4. The way you fool guys and lead them on, and claim to be the hurt one is rather amusing, especially as you attempt to be the victim.

5. The guys you like are sub-par to both your looks and personality.


And a few other things like that.

Well, apparently Katie and Katlyn thought I was talking about Katlyn (psuedo-narcissist), so not but five minutes later- Katie posted a bulletin SORTA like this:

Don't talk shit about my friends

You're just a dick.
I'm sure the only one who found it funny was George, because he's your biggest fan.


I don't REALLY care, but I had to reply- and then Katlyn started sommenting me, still thinking that I did it to be mean to her- pretty much bitching at me, still calling out George on being a dick.

So, after a while- I just got kinda tired of it, and posted this final bulletin:


Alright.

So anyone who has been reading these fucking bulletins- I DEEPLY apologize and there shall not be any more from me tonight (unless I post a blog, or something of the sort), but essentially:

People had a misunderstanding.

Attacked my friends (verbally, through me)
Decided that their pseudo-narcissism was in fact brilliant and the best plan
And so a fight ensued.

So- I shall end it here.

Katlyn.

You're dating Bo- congrats dating your 20 yr. old boyfriend.
No pun intended, just- have fun.

Katie.

Seriously... it doesn't even fucking matter... you're whole "omg I'm a hippie- I love being outside" is the most obligatory, ignorant, one-sided, redundant cliche to ever grave this universe- though, it's your life... so more kudos to you.


Then Katie IMed me, IN ALL CAPS (ohhh, woo!) yelling at me for the bulletin, calling me a jerk, etc...

The fact that they took all of what I said offensivly doesn't REALLY bother me- what bothers me is that they attacked George (and Joe) for what appears to be no actual reason.

I asked Katie for a reason why George is a dick, and she gave no real answer... she fed some bullshit like "I see the way he talks to people", what the fuck- I'm the dick... Seriously, if you're gonna call someone a name, at least actually know them. Katie, Katlyn, and all the others who have been telling me this... they're all like under 16... They don't even hang out with them, let alone know George and Joe to even be able to call them dicks.

You kids (those who read this) think I've become a dick since I started actually having fun with my summer... well, I gotta be honest... I don't give a FUCK.

- Josh.

4 comments:

Mike Kochman said...

You're a dick, I'm a dick.
What the fuck is new? :)
Woo!

I love you buddy.
Well put, well put.
Kudos if I could.

Anonymous said...

Haha.
You're fucking hilarious.
Pffffft.

And I will have fun with my 20 year old boyfriend (:

ohhhhhhhhh. and I never said anything about Joe.

Josh Bennett. said...

Mike: I <3 You.

Katlyn: Thank you, thank you. You took me sarcastically- I wish you nothing but the best.


and my apologies, I thought you DID include Joe.

Anonymous said...

wow, i mean if anything i think i should be included in turning you into a "dick" because two of the time you drank...well it was at my house... =D