Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gossip Queens

Earlier today I got my haircut (I like it) at The Shop, it's a local place in our town located near our schools (all of our schools are all in the same vicinity after years of moving shit around), and I've got my hair cut there a few times and the lady who usually does my hair is a very nice lady named Tanya.

Well, as I was waiting for her to finish with another person, I started (accidentally) overhearing a conversation that some older-guy was having with the lady who was cutting his hair.

It was something that obviously wasn't interesting to her- but she was just humoring him and laughing at his shitty jokes to get a nice tip. He'd go on about some stupid shit and she'd be like "AHAHAHA really?!" and I was just thinking about how that guy is getting played so bad.

After Tanya started on my hair, I overheard a conversation that some lady was having with the hair cutter of that same fellow- doing the SAME shit to her. This fucking old woman was talking about how her brother Bryce has Alzheimer's, and I giggled outloud and Tanya shushed me while she laughed, because the old lady was talking about how her brother shits himself on a rather consistent basis, as her brother also talks about how when they get out of Vietnam he's gonna bang his wife as hard as he can... It was interesting, but those conversations I've overheard made me a bit dumber on the inside.

Let's not fuck ourselves now, we all say meaningless shit (some on a more casual basis, like me), and hope someone is amused by it- a habit to which we should all break.

"I hear all of these people talking, but no one is saying anything" - Henry Rollins


Later. - Josh


PS: I think I'm back.

No comments: