Saturday, November 3, 2007

Friday.

Hey there kids, I guess I'm here to give you the update of what happened yesterday (Friday), but first I want to talk about a few things... Namely- downloading music.

Now, I think that there is a bit of a difference, downloading music is no better than ripping one of your friends' CD's on to your Computer- and I'm guess more than one of the readers have done that, or maybe you participate in things like Limewire? It's cool with me, I'd just be more worried about a virus than the police.

Ever since the authorities have really started to bear down on downloading- more and more musicians are starting to shy away from their record labels;

Radiohead has their new album available on their website, but you decide how much you want to pay. Isn't that great? It's the death of the record industry slowly crumbling to their feet.

Trent Reznor (NIN) has just produced an album with Saul Williams called Niggy Tardust, for: $5... or FREE. That's right, they're giving the album away, which since they are being so cool about it I'd probably give the $5 bucks, but- there are perks with the $5 edition- it has an enhanced quality (I think 520 over the 320 free version) and a larger digital booklet. Reznor has already stated that the same thing will probably happen with the new NIN CD.

This actually means that it's a artist friendly, consumer friendly ideal. We will be dealing with the actual musicians instead of dealing with money hungry bastards.

.... Anyways.

Friday I woke up, did a little schoolwork then watched Knocked Up. After that I called Christina, then fell asleep. Cameron came to my home and woke me up and then we walked around the Ville of Newton Falls.

Cameron called Katlyn and we all hung out for a bit, and Cameron and myself recorded a ringtone on her Cellphone and it was he and I have steamy gay sex, oh it was wonderful. Well, we eventually got tired of the cold and parted ways- I came home Christina called and we talked for a while and got into a fight but I can't remember why... Anyways, I just kind of crashed afterwards and woke up around 3AM.

So- I have to go help my grandpa in a few hours move this stuff to a scrap yard (Yes my fat ass can lift shit) anyways, I'll write up here a little later.

No comments: