Wednesday, November 21, 2007

You've Come A Long Way, Baby.

Good Evening/Morning

It is now 1:50 in the AM. I woke up about 20 minutes ago; it'll be one of those nights where I'm up and down all night long. That's fine, I have to wake up early. My aunt, Uncle, and cousins are coming in from Mansfield for Thanksgiving with us. It's my Uncle's first Thanksgiving without his mother- she died a few months ago. So my Aunt (my grandmother's daughter) thought it would still be best for some of the family to get to get together.

But- it comes at a price. They are HARDCORE, HARDCORE Christians. That means I have to watch what I say. I don't curse in front of my grandparents, but now I have to be 1,000 times more careful. I can't say the word "God", and you know the funniest thing? They don't know about my religious stance (I'm Agnostic, but I follow Buddhist principles) and my aunt and them would have a major fucking heart attack if they found out. I mean, I could care less- but I don't want to start a bunch of stuff on Thanksgiving in the wake of my Uncle losing his mother. So, I also have to take down my Bad Religion flag that's in my room- you know what? Fuck it. If they don't want to know they can close their ears and scream "LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!!!!" if they can't deal with me not wanting to conform to their little book.

Jesus Christ, now this is driving me to talk about religion. Fuck. Well- I'll just give you cliffnotes. I find that believing in a spirit (god) is a good thing- but I find religion is a terrible thing that hurts people and alienates the world. Seeing how many wars have been fought in the name of religion (namely Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.) Anyways, I'll lay off of religion for the time being.

Well, what did I do today...

I woke up this morn around 10:30 after falling asleep around five this morning- I was up talking to Digi (from Dawn Of The Dude) about life, music, and everything in between. We talked for a while- then my computer tweaked out and it signed me off- so I explained to Digi, and headed to bed.

When I woke it was ten and I was laying there saying "I really hope my grandma just forgets and lets me sleep", but she heard me say it and made me wake up and do school work. FUCK. Well, I get up and around. I walk into the Kitchen and my grandmother is in the middle of cooking pies for tomorrow (well today technically) amongst them: Homemade apple pie, homemade cherry pie, and a chocolate pie (Whatever the fuck that is, just call is chocolate pudding and pie crust. That's all it is.)

Well- I sat around and did schoolwork then afterwards talked to Sammeh, Destiny, and Katlyn on Myspace for a bit, then called Christina. During my phone call Sam and I made plans to hang out- and in the middle of that Cameron made plans with me too, during the same time I would be hanging with Sam. Well, I tell Cameron to come hang with us, he said he would. So I get off the phone with Christina throw on some clothes and head outside into the beautiful dreary day.

I meet Sam and her sister Becca at Rite-Aid. We walk around for a bit- and Cameron never shows (lazy cripple). Well, it's around three and I have to meet Christina at four, so Sam and Becca opt to get ready to leave. They stop by my house first- and do one thing I'd never do-

I loaned a DVD of mine.
I NEVER, EVER loan DVD's of mine. I've put way, way, way too much money into my DVD collection and hate the idea of someone fucking with that. But- I trust her so she takes "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" season 1 + 2.

The second was a rather compassionate thing (compassionate enough to get an "Awww" from Christina)
Becca
forgot her Jacket so I threw her one of my jackets- she's a good kid. I figured I'm hard on her enough- she deserves a warm travel home for my constant yelling at her.

After that I sat on the computer for a bit then decided to go up to The Falls and wait for Christina's arrival. I brought "My Boring Ass Life" by Kevin Smith to keep me company for a while. She shows up in time- about two minutes later it starts to downpour. So we cuddle up in the gazebo until the rain lets.

When the rain finally lets up we go to my house. We say hello to the Grandmother and then go downstairs. We cuddle up on the couch and just watch TV because it's raining and we can't go anywhere. It fucking sucks not having a car, not being able to go anywhere or do anything.

Regardless- around five we go and walk around till her dad calls to come pick her up. She leaves, and I head home. I ate some dinner around 8:30 and went to bed shortly after. Now here I am. What will I do now? Watch some Californication until I get sleepy.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone.



May The Giant Be With You - Josh.

No comments: