Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sunday The Second, December.

Good afternoon everyone, it's me (Josh) and I've noticed that my posting pattern over the weekend is kind of slow and boring. But, I figured I'd update you on the shitstorm that was Saturday.


Saturday-

Woke up early, around eleven or so. Sat around and watched Firefly for a while, It's a shame that show got canceled, it's pretty brilliant I think. Mostly because Adam Baldwin, and Nathan Fillion are in it, but whatever.
I called Christina around one or two, I can't quite remember. I just knew she had to go babysit later. My grandfather and I were supposed to be decorating this weekend, mostly all the Christmas stuff; but I guess he just decided to not do it- a shame, I like doing Christmas decorations, oh well.
So I was kind of pissed about that- because if I knew he was gonna flake like that I wouldn't have told Christina that I was busy this weekend, and I could saw her.
I was pissed most of the day because of that.
My grandma was drinking (it doesn't happen often, just when she's stressed, or on a long day) but she's the type of person that when she drinks she comes and talks to me, and I'm just like "Leave" and that attitude.

Then around five or so she walks into my room, where I'm just sitting there watching Firefly minding my own business and says "Alright, now listen up."

and I say "Uh, okay."
Then she starts in on some random shit; telling me I'm not happy, all of this shit, just yelling at me.

She said "I CAN TELL YOU'RE NOT HAPPY!"

I said "NO SHIT YOUR IN MY ROOM SCREAMING AT ME!"

Her: "I mean in general! You don't like doing anything but sitting in your room, and walking around the house like a zombie! You never smile!"

Me: "Why? Because I'm not like my cousins?! Because I don't play football and act like I own the entire world?!"

She shrugs

Then she just keeps yelling at me and I keep yelling back- making her speechless. Then my grandfather walks in, and he starts screaming at me too, calling me a failure and that if I don't change my act I'm never going to be anything in life.
So, I start crying because when two people just simultaneously start screaming at me- I don't feel that confident. He walks away and my grandma starts back up again about pointless shit.

Then... My Grandfather walks back in- except this time, he's on MY side. He starts yelling at my grandmother saying

"It's his life, let him find out on his own! You can't change his life, you can't change him!"
While this was going on, he was facing her, and so was I, but I was farther back, and I had a hugeeee fucking grin on my face, and she saw.

and she starts shaking her head disapprovingly, even though she's been fucking beat.
She walks out of my room saying "You know, whatever I don't care what you do with your life."

THANK GOD!

That's what I've been waiting ten months to hear, Jesus Christ.
So, after that- I talked to Matt for a while, and we decide to go hang out. I wore shorts and hoodie, not that smart in retrospect, but whatever.
We drank some coffee and walked around.

I came home, and started working on this drawing that I really dig. I call Christina around One, waking her up. Telling her about my day, and she comforts me.
I head to bed after working on something and watching Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle.

Weird Dream though. Not gonna whine about that though.

- Josh.

No comments: