Tuesday, January 8, 2008

She called me a baby killer.

So, I just got called a baby killer by my ex-girlfriend.

I was walking home with my ex-girlfriend (XXX), and her friend (Baily). We walked past a bush and Baily said something about President Bush (I don't even know), and XXX said

"I'm a conservative"

I said

"I'm a liberal"

XXX

"Gross"

Baily

"God yes!" and she gave me a high five.

XXX

"Well, my brother is super conservative, and so I am"

Me

"That's a great way to look at the universe"

XXX

"Well, he told me a bunch of stuff that I agree with, so I become conservative"

Me

"That's... cool."

I began to walk away...

Then XXX "You're a baby killer!"

To which I reply

"Yeah, I'm gonna go to my house slash abortion clinic and do some work on Jamie-Lynn"

I walked away.

Now, here's what I want to make a point to.
Just because I'm a Liberal, does that mean I like killing babies? no.
I think it's complete and utter bullshit like that which is why there is such a divide in this country.
I'm a Liberal, but I don't think every Conservative issue is completely idiotic.
Every group has it's ups and downs, just like anything else.
I'll always think that's the truth. I just happened to identify with more of the beliefs of Liberalism than those of Conservatism.
The fact that she took what her brother said for gospel makes me question it.
If I had gotten to her first and been like:
"Well Conservatives wish that everyone would wear tinfoil hats and believe in Scientology"
Then she could've very well believed me if she thinks that Liberalism stands for killing babies.
I mean, find out on your own for fucks sake.
Don't be an easily led automaton in this day and age, shit won't cut it.

I really don't want to talk about politics to be completely honest, but I felt some odd need to write about this.
No clue.
I write about what happens. Who knows, maybe by the end of the night I'll have something new for you, something better.

- Josh.

No comments: