Thursday, March 27, 2008

Black Caddy.

Good afternoon everyone.

Right now it's 3:15 PM.

I had an odd dream last night- not bad, just... different.

I don't especially want to go into it, but- it kind of made me think a lot, about stuff in my life.
As far as what happened with Christina yesterday- I'm over it.

I'm ugly, now we can all move on with out lives.
There isn't too much on my agenda today, big surprise there.

So- I got into a semi-argument yesterday with a friend of mine named Matt. I was talking to him and Cameron and I just said that "Salt The Wound" sucked ass. To which Matt sauntered over and said "Did I just hear Salt The Wound?!" like a trekkie who just met William Shatner and was told that he'd be making a cameo in the remake. So I once again said that they suck and well fuck this is the conversation:

Matt: Did I just hear Salt The Wound?!
Me: Yeah, I said they suck.
Cameron: They're awesome!
Matt: Yeah, they're good!
Me: Only if you like to hear "BLEH LAH LUH BLAH THUH BLAH BLAH BLEEEEEEEEH BREEEEEEEEEEE!"
Matt: Sorry it's not awesome as your Beck.
Me: At least Beck can make more than one song without sounding the same.
Matt: But that's cool!
Me: If you have a mental disorder maybe.
Cameron: What about Cholera?!
Me: They suck too.

Jesus Christ, I mean- fuck, how can people listen to that brain-deaf retard habit shit?

I know I've talked about it before, but it's music without meaning. Music without purpose.
The way I see it is that these "grinds" if you will, took everything shitty about every genre and decided it would be fun to put them together.

They decided to use shitty vocals and asshole drunk singers from Punk Rock.
They use shitty synth players from 80's glam rock (which glam is terrible as well).
They took the girl pants from emo.
They took the bad breakdowns from REAL metal.

It's essentially like everything shitty from every genre just cluster fucked into one group.

In this wake; I will be conducting an experiment.

There are two grindcore vids below. Two different bands, BUT THEY SOUND THE FUCKING SAME.

1. Furtive Monologue by Despised Icon


2. Traitors Never Play Hangman by Bring Me The Horizon




Maybe it's just me- but that shit sounds the fucking same.
I like innovation, and improvisation.

Now, it's time for the second part of the experiment.
For this- I'm going to use one band and show how different two songs can really be.
If two different bands sound the same, then shouldn't one band always sound the same?

1. Nihilism by Rancid.



2. Time Bomb by Rancid.



One could note the voice and some repetitive chords- but it's going from a very punk driven song to a very ska and reggae oriented song.

Why can't people who dig their "Salt The Wound" realize that it's just repetitive music, and that there is enough of the bullshit out there without their help.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, i hear you.
that stuff sucks.

Josh Bennett. said...

Oh thank god.
I figured it'd be hate mail.
Dumb music for dumb people.

Anonymous said...

Yeah bro, I feel ya.
Kids are just confused with what good music is and what shit music is, good music in my eyes are Black Flag or Operation Ivy. Anyone with ears should be able to tell what shit and good music is.

Josh Bennett. said...

True that ese.
I mean- I can say that there are shitty bands of each genre, but those "Grinds, and Cores" are just shitty genres.

Anonymous said...

Bring Me The Horizon isn't grind, it's fake deathcore.

Just saying.

Josh Bennett. said...

Haha, does that make it any better?

Anonymous said...

No.