Monday, March 31, 2008

Let Those Stupid Birds Fly

Right now it's 9:52 AM, and I haven't written since Thursday.

I haven't been "busy", but there's just been too much to write about so I kind of procrastinated it for a while, there's also a lot going on with me lately too. Stuff I'm not comfortable to talk about, but anyways.

Highlights from the weekend:

1. Going to Taco Bell at 10:30 at night with Derrick and Cameron.

2. Sitting in McDonalds for too long.

3. Driving home from Taco Bell with the convertible roof down in 30 degree weather.

Okay, well maybe nothing TOO interesting happened, but I still had fun.

One thing that did happen (again), I got into another retarded music argument with Matt.
I posted a bulletin and it was the Otis Redding song "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay" on a video, an absolutely awesome song in my opinion.

He replied to the bulletin saying this:


I prefer anything over Otis Redding.

OLD PEOPLE MUSIC.


Who gives a shit if it's "old people music", it's still an awesome tune. That type of music doesn't even exist anymore. 3/4 of the music is so over-dubbed and over-produced that it sounds like Stephen Hawking was singing it!

It doesn't matter what generation you come from, or what year- good music is still good fucking music.

There are no more Miles Davis', Otis Redding, John Coltrane, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Sam & Dave, and so many others.

Jazz and Soul are pretty much dead as far as I'm concerned. There are still SOME good musicians for both association, but the rough, real sounds of just a simple mastering are far past dead.

Well, I saw him yesterday and he started making fun of Otis Redding and my tastes in music again... so, I started making fun of his, but he couldn't defend himself:

Matt: Go listen to your old people music, your Otis Redding.
Me: I will, at least that music is understandable not "BLEH BLAH BREEEEE BRUHHHH LAH LUH LEHAHHA BREE".

Because mind you- he's pretty much an "awesome" scene kid, straightens his hair daily, listens to all of that uber cute grindcore, but he's a good kid. He's just dumb.

He reads this blog too.
He never said for me to stop, so I won't.

Unlike one of my previous posts, I'm not gonna go out of my way to write about how much I hate that music, but for some reason it keeps getting brought up and I keep writing about it.

Shitty music will always be shitty music.

Now let's go listen to Panic At The Disco.

- Josh.

No comments: