Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cut the crap

Good afternoon readers, tis I- Josh of Bennett!

So, I ended up NOT posting last night like I intended, so my apologies to anyone who looked forward to that (pun). So, two things are on my mind right now- but I have to ignore the one until later (because it deals with religion, and it'll be quite lengthy, and therefore deserves it's own post).

To the story.

I was sitting at a picnic table outside the skatepark with Cameron, Katie, Trevor, Casey (Trevor's girlfriend), and someone I didn't know.

For those readers that don't know me personally, Trevor is a loud-mouth who often says the dumbest shit in the universe.

We were all sitting at the table when Trevor points to a name on the table "Katlyn", the name of my good friend.

He goes "who spells their name that way?"

Katie says "Well, she does." (Katie is one of Katlyn's best friend)

Trevor then retorts "Well, she's a bitch and I don't like her."

That was the opening of an argument I started.... just keep reading:

Me: Yeah, you didn't really need to say that. She's my friend.

Trevor: I don't care.

Me: Alright man, I'm just saying- she's one of my friends and It's really unnecessary to talk shit about a person in front of their friends.

Trevor: Well, whatever- I'll say what I want.

By this time; Cameron had shown me something on his phone that was a part of the argument, and Katie was watching intently and appeared to be a mite scared, and Trevor and I are screaming across the table at each other.

So, the argument continues;

Casey: Yeah, let's just yell, that's manly and that'll solve all the problems.

Me: I'm just saying- don't talk shit about a person in front of their friends.

(Cameron has now thrown his keys at Trevor and hit him in the chest, hard).

So, the argument continues until Trevor goes into defending the first amendment when I'm ready to jump over the table and punch him in the fucking face; Cameron interjects and says he and I should go for a walk before I kill Trevor.



Cam and I leave, walk around- come back, and I feel fine.

I just thought it was really dumb and quite immature to just talk shit about a person in front of their friends, it may not be a big deal to you- but that's a pretty coward move. If I have a problem with a person- I tell them, and I say it to their face, or I just say "Yeah, I'm not really cool with them", or "I don't really get along with them", I don't get descriptive and call them a bitch.

It was just dumb bullshit to me- don't be such a fucking coward, and don't stand up for your First Amendment.


Oh well.
Forgive and forget.

- Josh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, very much.
That actually means a lot to me that you would do that for me.

Josh Bennett. said...

t'was my pleasure.

Anonymous said...

I love you.