Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hippies, Cops, and Circle K.

So, yesterday was a bit out there.
I bit surreal if you will.
I'm not gonna go into EVERYTHING, just the big stuff that happened- in order of when it happened.

I got to the park around 5:30 or so, and hung around by the side a warehouse that shades over a part of the park. There were like 20 of us, we were all talking, joking, playing around, you know- being kids.

Then... I have the smart idea of running up to a bench, jumping ON the bench and then running along the top of it that people lean their backs against... in flip-flops. So, I do it, and... I make it three steps before My one leg goes under and in between a metal bar, I smack my balls and nail the side of my face (which my jaw now keeps popping over). While I was still just laying there on the bench in the position I fell- I heard silence... no one was laughing, no one was like "are you alright?!", so... I roll over and just start laughing... and then the roar of laughter from them begins. It was fun, well... looking back now, it was VERY dumb... but NOT the most immature thing I did yesterday.

Later on I was sitting at a bench with Ryan, Devin, Katie, Chris, and Charlie... when the old hippie walked up. He was wearing a biker helmet, a leather jacket, 30 bracelets, and a huge fu-man-chu... the epitome of weird. He walks up and starts talking to us about MP3 players, and then Charlie and Chris leave to go back skating... lucky bastards. We're all just sitting out there talking to him, and he's telling us these stories... and then he mentions that he's a "federal agent", and "he's being watched", like a billion times. He told us he saw the Kennedy assassination, and that he knows who it was... yeah, the guy is a nutter. We're still just talking to him, and he was telling us all this shit about being a pilot, and being told to run for President, and being the second most-powerful person in the country... the guy was insane. He was straight up nuts. He eventually leaves, after telling us more about being a federal agent, and running for President.

After the old-hippie left, we all decided to go to Circle K. So Chris, Charlie, Ryan, Devin and myself all head out that way. We get there, I go in- buy my shit and talk to Flatland Chris (amazing biker) and Tommy on the left side where the ramp is that they load food into. The others show up, so we're just hanging out... when the lady comes and tells us to get off of the property because "we're loitering", we argue and say we're just hanging out- and we keep just messing around while one of us argues with her.

Charlie has the bright idea of going next door (which was 4 steps away) and sitting on THEIR stoop. I go over, then so do Tommy and Chris. Ryan and Devin had already left to get a ride. So, the lady is still arguing with us, even though we're not on THEIR property anymore. I then note that some of HER friends are standing out in front and tell her it's bullshit, and then she says "you guys were in the dark over there", which is complete and utter bullshit. She just doesn't want us standing around. So I argue, Chris argues, Charlie argues, just because it's bullshit. We weren't hurting anyone, we were being relatively quiet actually, we were having fun hanging out and that's it. Well, another worker comes out and says they've called the police. We all kind of stand around, and then I start getting into a fight with some twat in a white shirt who calls me immature, and to just act my age, his friend pulls up... and he yells to his friend in the car to kick our asses... and it's none other... than one of Charlie's friends. What a fucking polo-wearing-twat-motherfucker. So, after arguing a bit with the people, I tell Flatland Chris the cops are on the way while he's on the phone, I hear him mention that "yeah, it seems like a riots starting to break out", and the he says bye and leaves.

Tommy and I bail before the cops show up.

I got home and talked to Charlie and he said that they just fought with the cops when the cops came up too.
All they did was take their names and let them go.
I still wanted to avoid that though.

Personally; I found it rather offensive that we were being told to leave, but some twats still were allowed to hang out. If those guys weren't hanging out there... then I would've left, but I'm all for affirmative action.

- Josh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's bullshit, I mean usually they don't have problems with loitering if you had already bought something.