Friday, May 2, 2008

Mr. Moustache

Good morning friends and readers,

I woke up this morning at 6 or so- and it was actually nice and bright out, I fell back asleep and woke up around 9AM and it was all dark and shabby.

I don't really mind it though, I've got some music going, I'll feel good and preoccupy myself today. I'm actually listening to "The Mars Volta", good fucking band.

I'm not really a psychedelic fan, but TMV is a great band in my opinion. They know how to write a groovy album, I'd even go as far to say that they are the modern day Pink Floyd (though Pink Floyd is still playing, but it's not THE Pink Floyd, to me at least).

So yesterday was groovy for two reasons.

1. I'm going with George (and possibly/probably Lauren) to see RANCID in Michigan, so that's gonna be the highlight of my lifetime.

2. My friend Adam got into an altercation with some guy and the cops showed up at the park.

Adam was on his bike and he was riding back up to the skate park, and in town there is this gravel path, about 10 ft. wide that stretches from one parking lot to the other, and in between the two there is the playground, concession stand, skate park, and some other things. Adam was riding his bike through these orange cones that were placed near the concession stand when a guy grabs him by the handlebars of his bike, and as many people would- Adam yelled at the guy.

Adam started cursing at the guy, and the guy threatened to kick Adam's ass. Adam is a skinny, scrawny 16 year old kid.

The guy had a moustache and he was well into his 30's.... It wouldn't have exactly been a fair fight.

Well, Adam got away and Mr. Moustache called the cops. When the cops came they took Adam's name down, and went off to another cop car- that's right, TWO COP CARS showed up here to scare a little kid.

Adam, Frankie, and I went down to where the cop was to tell him that the guy threatened to fight Adam and this is what went down.

(We walked up to the officers who were saying "none of these damn kids respect anything")

Adam: Hey, I forget to add in- He threatened to kick my ass.
Mr. Moustache: Well you were mfing me.
Cop: He has the right to defend himself just as you do.
Me: So this is the legal system, haha.

We walk away and Adam leaves a bit later. Frankie and I are walking by the stand when Mr. Moustache calls us over, he talks to us and then he adds in at the end:

Tell your friend when he's 18 to come back here and I'll rip him apart and throw him in the dumpster.

We told Adam, and last I heard- his mom is pressing charges.
Act like an asshole, get treated like an asshole.

Good times, I guess.

- Josh

1 comment:

Katie said...

Haha. Wow. I didn't even hear about that. WEIRD.

That's funny though. Is the mustache man the one that does the crazy tricks on the bikes? (what's he look like.)