Sunday, May 25, 2008

A night that doesn't help

So, many (if not most) people are unaware of my deepseated fear of rejection.
It's just something I can't help.
I hate the feeling of rejection.
I can DEAL with it very easily, but for some reason it always stays in my head what I could've said, what I should've done, etc.

And... last night didn't really help.

Earlier yesterday Fred, Cameron, Matt, Josh G. and I went to a friend of ours' open house.
It was cool, we got to hangout, say hi to a few people, etc- then we left.

We then decided to show up to her after-party later that night.
Except it was only Cameron, Fred, and I.

Well... it didn't rollover too well.

We debated amongst ourselves who was the one to go up and knock or walk in.
It came down to me manning up to do it.
So I just walk straight in while the "host" of the party is walking up the stairs, and this is the conversation that went down:

"Host": Who invited you guys
Me: You, duh.
"Host": No I didn't.
Me: Oh... well.. uh.
"Host": Well you guys aren't drinking.
Me: I didn't really plan on it.
"Host": You can sit around with us smoking, just go to the garage.
Me: Oh alright, we'll go through this side.

I turn around, walk out say to Fred "That was rude" and then we decided to run back to Fred's car and just leave, to which we did.

I've always hated that fear of rejection, but I don't know- last night didn't really help me at all.

It's just something I've always had to deal with.
It's no huge deal, just a problem.
Anyways.
How was everyone elses' night?

- Josh

No comments: