Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You can't be what you were

Good morning friends.
It's 9:22 AM right now, and I'm sitting around... not doing much, listening to Fugazi's first album "13 songs", so far so good. Whenever you put a legend like Ian Mackaye in a band though, how could it be bad?

He was one of the first pioneers of the Straight-Edge movement, while still remaining to be insane beyond belief. When he played with Minor Threat, he would stop playing a set when kids started moshing- telling them that it's pointless violence and is taking away the integrity of the music.

I'm not really a straight-edge, I just don't really care.

You wanna do drugs, drink, and smoke? Go ahead, be my guest- but fuck off if you think you're coming near me.

It's a very subversive and often evasive subject that can be stricken to be all too monosyllabic.

I think that drinking, drugs, smoking, etc... they're all a part of a problem with ones-self, that has yet to be realized, a certain fear or disbelief that has yet to be expressed fully.

Maybe I'm wrong- maybe they just do it because it's cool, I'm SURE there are people who just smoke pot to be high, but I have to think that sometimes theres a person doing drugs because they're escaping something.

To be honest- I don't even blame people who go off to do drugs, I wish I could now. I know it's not me though.

I have yet to, and will never change because of people I'm surrounded by.

- Josh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I smoke pot, in an effort to relive stress. Sometimes theres those days when your so stressed you break down. Alot of people belive smoking is a meditation suplument, yet others think its just "cool" to be high. OR people like me, that smoke it to relive there mind of raceing thoughts and such, feel me man?

Josh Bennett. said...

Oh I feel you.
But there are kids who just smoke it and become Brain-Dead junkies, that's what I'm against.