Saturday, June 14, 2008

Amazed at the anger in people.

I just got home, I was out with Cameron.

He'd decided to drive home real quick and grab a hoodie.


Along the drive, we saw a guy (about our age) on the side of the road, and he just made a gesture- kind of like a hi, but with most tension on the index and middle fingers... when Cameron flips his shit.

He says "I'm gonna fight that motherfucker" and screams and calls the guy a whore, and I tell Cameron to just keep driving. Cameron says "He fucking flipped me off!", to which I said "No he didn't (which Cameron interrupted to say Yes he did), he just gave a weird hand gesture. Don't act like one of those fucking gangster kids if they're saying shit about me, I'm gonna fight them, seriously Cameron- who's mind is that gonna change."

He didn't reply, but then drove to his house.

It was at that moment that I realized how ignorant most people are.

What if that guy DID flip him off?

Who fucking cares?

WOW
SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE YOU
BIG FUCKING WOOP.

Get the fuck over yourself, people.
No one can change his mind except you.
Do you really want to change his mind to make him think you're an asshole by kicking his ass, or do you want to make him feel like a jerk by simply stating the problem and talking it out like civilized humans?

People wonder why war exists, why people fight and riot- it's because people give a fuck.
Stop caring about what other people think, and focus on yourself before you bitch about other people and how useless they are.

Let's move on.

- Josh Bennett

No comments: