Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Instigation, more desperation, and water balloons.

Yesterday was a day that I would enjoy to forget (for the most part anyways).

Well, Trenton came over yesterday around 1- and we kinda just sat around my house for a bit.

After we left, we strolled around the town- seeing not much action at the town Fair/Carnivale/whatever, we retired to our bench (it's this metal silver bench next to a sidewalk and a road that faces the river). After sitting there hitting and throwing sticks at each other for a good 15 minutes, Matt shows up.

We go up to Circle K and along the way up there- a black car full of people pulls next to us on the bridge and yells something like "You should just throw yourself off a fucking cliff" (Presumably to Matt), and I had no reason to really car- but Matt yelled back "Smoke Crack and Worship Satan!". We get to Circle K and see Adam... moments later, Matt comes out and explains that the cops were called on Adam because the Circle K employees said he wasn't allowed in there (he'd stolen from there before, and been caught). Matt and I tell Adam to take off his shirt so the cop can't find him via apparence. While we're walking on the bridge with Adam, the cop drives by, and doesn't really look twice at us. Adam skates off, and turns left down the sidewalk. A moment later, the cop pulls left, down the same road that Adam went down.

We continue our walk, and turn left down that some road (but we're headed to the park), as we're walking down the sidewalk... the black car pulls up again... This time, they throw a water balloon, and I wasn't watching- so when I felt liquid hit me, my first thought was "Why did Matt just throw his Polar Pop at me?" I look over, and I see the black car again, and Matt running behind it with his Polar Pop lifted above his head. I stood there dazed for a minute, still rather confused as to the event that had just occured.

I look over to Trent, and he got most of the hit- along with a large welt on his back. We talk about it, and see Matt still running. Suddenly, I see the black car pull up a road that's one past us.

I finally saw where Matt was running to. The cop pulled Adam over on the same road that the black car went down... Then I see Matt talking to the cop, and then the cop driving down the road.

We get to Matt, and meet him down the road, and then we all head up to where the cop was parked. When we get up there, the first things we hear are "$500 fine, and possible assault charges", I of course laughed.

As we get closer, Matt says "Look what you did to him he's 14!", and then Trent showed the welt openly.

I got closer to the conversation between the cop and the driver of the black car... then I decide to get in the middle of things, and I start yelling at the driver (his name is Joey, and I went to school with him for a year).

I get in Joey's face (and he's a tall guy), and just starting yelling at him- and the cop doesn't stop me, at all.

Me: What the fuck is your problem?
Him: I didn't even know the guy, he's some kid I've met once!
Me: Don't even fucking lie for the guy, he threw shit at me friend!
Him: I didn't know him! (he looks at the cop to stop me, but the cop kinda just looks away)
Me: Bullshit man, what the fuck- act your fucking age!

As I kinda just stop, the cop wraps things up, then we take a moment to talk to cop and before he leaves he says "Yeah, really fucking mature, they got him hard- so he's probably gonna face charges".

I really didn't care, but Trent's my bud, and they left him a nice-sized welt (even though he didn't really care).

Trent (being soaked) decides to walk home to change a shirt, as Matt (wanting to feel cool) stays at the park... I go with Trent. As we're walking there, he explains an altercation with the driver of the car that he had during the school year.

He said that Joey would always come around to their table trying to sell stuff for their basketball team or something, and his table would always yell at him until he left. Well, one time when Joey came to the table to sell something- Trent picked up a handful of fries, and threw them in his face, kinda shocking him.

I laughed hysterically about it, and then we reminisced about the altercation- and he got home and changed his shirt.

With a fresh shirt on, we headed back to the park. We met up with Matt, and then none other than the great Charlie Nemes showed up. While everything was going cool, I wanted to get out of the sun, but they stayed where they were... So I kinda just left. I got back to them, and Matt thought he'd try to be funny by saying "You're lucky we waited for you", so I walked away again. By myself, I went and sat over at a gazebo.

After a group appeared, I left that one and went on a walk back to my house. I came home, grabbed some shoes and left again. While I was walking back to the park, I met up with Charlie and Trent on the sidewalk. I ask where Matt is and Charlie said "He said he was gonna go swimming with Jesse or something, but we saw him hanging out with a bunch of people over at that Gazebo".

Back with my group, we got back to the park. The second we got back, we saw Frankie and Amber leaving. I ask what's up, and they say they're headed to McDonalds. Seeing as there was nothing happening there, we go with. We get there, and all kinda act silly, and then leave. On the way back- we were walking past Arby's when I saw a large van filled with Amish people.

I yell (at the top of my lungs) "LOOK THEY'RE AMISH!!!", and of course... they hear and stare, and my group looks away in shame (but laughs)... so a second or two later, I yell "THEY DON'T HAVE ELECTRICTY!!!", which- I felt bad... but it was funny.

After we get back to the park, we kinda chill out. Nick shows up, and we're all kinda hanging out. Eventually, Trent disperses with a group of Richie, Rikki, Johnny, and Cameron (but didn't REALLY ditch, because he told us to come along, but we wanted to walk). After Frankie, and Amber left- we hung a bit with the group Trent went to.

A bit later, we kinda just left. We walked around a bit, until Amber came up to me and explained that someone named Brandon Nesbit made her little cousin (Chiara, 11) cry, by saying a bunch of bad things about her brother (Frankie) in front of her. Seeing no Frankie to tell these events to, I decide to find Brandon Nesbit and take matters into my own hands. I find him, and Charlie comes with me to approach him.

He comes by me on the sidewalk and I say "Hey Brandon, come here for a minute".

I ask him why he made her cry, he denied it and said that all he was doing was saying "Hi" to her... which you could sense that as bullshit from a mile away. I told him to leave her and Frankie alone, he said "alright, I'll leave her alone", and walk away. Somehow between the time of me trying to find him, it spread around the Carnivale that I wanted to fight Nesbit... which I of course denied, I just think he should leave 11 yr. old's alone, and not make it your aim to make them cry.

I tell all of this to Frankie, and he says "alright, let's beat their asses", to which I reply "I'll call Chris Wallum and Charlie... they'll all be fucked".

As I kinda spent the rest of the night walking around, I kinda just left to came home.

I get home, and realize that I still feel the same as I did the night before. Quiet, Depressed, and alone.

I'm not sure what it is- it seems that the second that I leave my comfort zone, and be by myself... that I feel insecure, and depressed. Who knows, it doesn't matter all that much.

- Josh.

No comments: